In the distant future, a corrupt and decadent church rules the known worlds through the twin iron fists of the holy inquisition, and a lock-down on the secrets of interstellar travel.
It was an RPG, a long time ago, set in a bizarre far-future world. Now, I'm going to be writing a novel set in the same universe, and running more games.
This is our sourcebook. If you've got imagination and stuff, please help me write it :)
- Angel's has a number of RPGs ready to run, either in Lancaster or with the Tabletop Forge online environment.
Read Me First
Before adding some things, at least check out:
- The most powerful organisation is the Church;
- Other powerful factions include the Federation of Known Worlds and Vermendanyan Empire.
- The current year is 842 by the Divine Calendar; the years count down, and recorded history is mixed in with mythology beyond the last few centuries.
- Some planets have their own languages, but most people speak Esperanto
- There is no Alien life ... but there's a few items being discovered that suggest there once was
- Travel between planets is by Temple ship or discontinuous transit - the distance between two stars is never important.
- Technology is not considered mystical or magical, just complex, in the majority of places and by the great majority of people.
- All in all, for most people, life is pretty good, if a little boring.
- When things get out of the ordinary, they tend to spiral out of control rapidly.
A few names which may need clarifying:
- Terra Quest - An RPG on which the new version of TQ is based
- TQ - The current name for the universe we're creating, until we think of something better
- Terra - Where TQ meets earth. This wiki.
To start editing, you'll probably want to edit an existing page or add a page in one of the following categories.
- Category: Technology - Sciences, and things that people have made
- Category: Cartology - Planets, stars and cities; all the places you could go
- Category: Theology - Religion, the church, and mythology
- Category: Sociology - People, culture and history
At some point in the future, these categories will be used to document the rules systems I use to run TQ.